Saturday

FUNKE AKINDELE YORUBA ACTRESS HOW CAN I DIE FOR FASHION--

Funke Akindele.  has now became an esteemed actress. she triggers off the interview  saying, “I am too downt to earth,  and I remind myself that no matter the allegation  and glamour, I will still remain my name Funke Akindele
 the fact is that she is just back from New York, United States of America
,
“I was anxious  before as I  recalls  wondering if what I had would match the expectations of the people coming to see the movie. I ran to the back of the hall and  when it started but when I saw some  people laughing,I knew my fears were over.”

You laugh at some of her jokes as the interview progresses. the Ikorodu born graduate of law, who chose to be an actress instead, would not laugh at certain experiences she has gone through in her few years on stage.

 it'spainful and unforgettable events  which could have cause set back,” she laments. Funke, who is the second in a family of four children, the media, which has celebrated her over the years, also contributed to some of that
“I  got shocked when I read an article that I was being arrested at Heathrow for  drug  offence! Me? Drugs Never I remain in my room in Lagos and had never travelled out of the country. Even if I did, my route was not Heathrow. I called my people.I called everyone  and started telling them I was not being arrested.
She got different type alleged dates with different men I stayed in my room and cried. When you are in show business and you have reached a certain places , you lose confidence of opening up to people on your challenges. If you do, you are the news on every start talking about and journalists feast on it. So, I end up telling my story to God only.
The story of her fame would not tire you as she says.
everyone wants to know what is happening to youa and your dates, they want to have you at their parties, they want you to smile always  even if you are in bad moods, they want you to be perfect and everyone believes you are not just a human being!
“I was at the airport sometimes age  and a woman came and say  hello to me. and I respond  to her politely.  she came and I did same thing. she came and I was still  smiling at myself. This went on like 20 times and she brought many people to see me! When it was time to board the plane, I was on a queue and suddenly had a slap on my back! It was the woman and she said, ‘(Abebelube) A Yoruba word means more than-smart person and she  laughed. she asked me are you  angry? I just grinned and said ‘thank you ma.’ The normal Funke Akindele would have reacted but I just reminded myself of the status. But I am human-being ! I remember having fever,i went to the clinic,I was told  to run a test and as my doctor attended to me, another doctor passed by and said to everyone’s hearing that, ‘Funke Akindele came for a pregnancy test!’ Though he was merely joking, But what if those people picked it up and  spread it as rumour ? Even if I came for a pregnancy test, am I not entitled to my privacy? It is not too enviable.
A Born of parents she describes as’ her growing up years would not have been better.I was always getting into trouble  I was more of a tomboy and never saw myself as a girl. My father, an educationist, would not suffer fools guilty . I was like any other girl . It was fun and I would have remained in the comfort of my home instead of the public eye.I makes all efforts to retain my celebrity status by looking glamorous. I am not finding it funny, “Naturally, I am a jeans on t shirt person but now I cannot do that always. where I just used to make my hair, is not far from my home, I have to dress up! There was a day I went to make my hair in jeans and ballet shoes and when I entered, all eyes were on me and some people said I was too ordinary looking! Even if you are not comfortable in killer heels, you wear them on red carpet! Now, I have a stylist who is in charge of what I wear, how I wear and where I wear them to. She flew with me to New York and helped with my look. Not an easy lifestyle and I see it as vain.”

My fashion ? I can die for good shoes. I love Vivienne Westwood a lot and Christian Louboutin. I wear any good shoes and not really out for designer labels.”
I asked how much she has spent on clothes or any fashion accessories and she answers, “I buy what I like and can’t really say that I have spent any amount on any accessories. I have clothiers who give great discounts and I also buy things anytime I traveled to abroad.”
She confesses doing something on her figure. “Even when I am trim, my tummy isn’t. I am suffering from occupational hazards because I eat late while on location and that makes your tummy bigger. Now, I have stopped eating late foods
 I was surprised at that write up because when the reporter came to me and said that my fans wanted to know when I would get married; I said, he should tell my fans to keep praying for me to get the best of all. .

No comments:

Post a Comment